Monday, December 24, 2007

It's Christmas in M'Uedail!

Beannachtaí an tSéasúir - Season's Greetings, in Gaelic of course!

"Twas the Night Before Christmas, And all through the land,
We all give thought, To what shall come from Per Noel's hand.

For me it's a battalion, Or even two or three,
For the Lady Katherine, Some new French finery for me to see.

For all of the children, I'm sure it's toys or sweets,
But as we all well know, There will be joy regardless of the treats.

I do give a prayer, One that I hope you all share,
For the fine boys and girls, In uniform everywhere.

They're all so young and so fine, And so far from home,
I pray you Father Christmas, Make them your own.

As we all share our Holiday, With the ones that we love,
Let them share it too, With help from Above.

As they can't be re-painted, Or re-based as our toys,
Let them all take care, Those fine girls and boys.

As for all of us, For you and for me,
I'm sure we'll all eat too much, with perhaps a little grog, We'll just have to see.

For all of you My Friends, Wherever you are,

A Joyous Season be upon you, Under the Guiding Star."

Sir William

3 comments:

WSTKS-FM Worldwide said...

And to you as well Sir William!

Merry Christmas,

Grand Duke Irwin-Amadeus II

Bluebear Jeff said...

May you have a most special Yuletime as you celebrate this joyous season.


-- Jeff

Ike said...

Bless you, Sir William! Merry Christmas and may God grant you a prosperous and joyful New Year to you and yours.