Thursday, October 8, 2009

A Letter to Lieutenant General Chevert


My dear Cousin,

The Reichsarmeeabteilung Obere Sachsen, under my command by order of the Imperium War Cabinet, has unfortunately not been as successful as I would have desired. Although we were able to defeat the perfidious Carpanians and their Brittanina allies at Alt Kirchendorf along the border, we were not able to continue with that success at Eisenmuhlen on Saturday last. Therefore we have not been able to advance any further and will thus not be able to threaten the left rear of the Hesse-Seewald army near Gotha. I am most apologetic in not being able to further the advance of your illustrious army but the Carpanian nut at Eisenmuhlen was just too difficult to crack.

I remain your most humble and obedient servant,

Bernard von Alderheim, Freiherr, MOGC
Feldzeugmeister of the Imperium army
posted from the field headquarters south of Eisenmuhlen near Coburg

No comments: