Saturday, August 15, 2009

A Real Loss - For those of you who do not know but Ed Studer, owner and operator of Tradition USA, has passed away. I do not know the details of his passing, just that his wife, Miriam, informed me that they would no longer be operating their miniatures business. I don't know how many of you purchased miniatures from Tradition USA but for the several years that I did, I found Ed to be a real gentleman as well as a great businessman. He was always there to back up his product and to answer questions. I had occasion to call him a couple of times and those phone calls never seemed to be inconvenient or for that matter anything but cordial. The world of wargaming needs more entrepreneurs like that. I know I'm going to miss him a lot. - Mike

3 comments:

Der Alte Fritz said...

Wow, what a shock. I was a regular customer of Tradition USA and in fact I was just planning an order that I was going to call in tomorrow. I will miss Ed.

A J said...

What a sad passing in our hobby. There are never enough true gentlemen to go round. My condolences to Ed's family.

Ken said...

A sad time for Mr. Studer's family. They will be in my prayers.