Friday, October 19, 2007

"Look!" said Jane. "Look! Look! Look!"

Or, as the librarian at the Unseen University would say, "Ook, Ook!"
A proposal was made to generate games which could be resolved by our isolated (like me) players with their collections.
Frankly, I'm quite happy with how Offenbach Crisis is turning out ... it looks good to generate at least two games. Though I do apologize for the bad Limericks. Gen. Woad is my wife's creation, and he is supposedly obsessed with writing these and having loud voiced sergeants shout them across the lines before a battle ....
And given that the lovely pictures that I get to post are her work, I keep her happy!!
(of course, there are also other reasons to keep her happy, but they're not directly a concern of our blog! LOL)

Now folks, we're having a lot of fun here ...
Could perhaps a few more of you join the glee?
Pick a map neighbor you have little chance of ever gaming with, set up a scenario between the two of you, and recruit volunteers to play it out ...
One key which I'm trying to work with this scenario is to have the reconcilation mechanism in place even before the muskets go bang!

And really, it's fun!

Arthur

3 comments:

MurdocK said...

I understand that the Boyars are looking again longingly at having an ice-free port on the Baltic...

Stagonian Jeff said...

Art,

While Koenig Maurice is incensed by these limericks, I rather like them . . . and anything that helps wives enjoy our hobby as well is a GOOD THING.

Don't be afraid to post more . . . although they will anger Maurice . . . perhaps even give him apoplexy.


-- Jeff

Frankfurter said...

Well, the spiced eels and Dilbert's sausages didn't kill him, so I figure that whatever brain fever Maurice gets from the limericks, he'll survive it.
Oh well, another day, another frankfurter ...
")
Arthur