Currently the Duchess is in rooms at The Crooked Kobold, just over the border from Stagonia. She has pistols in hand and . . . there are horses beyond the walls, shouts in the courtyard and the sound of heavy boots on the stairs.
Herzog Ignatz proposed a scenario with four factions (beside the Duchess herself, of course):
- Schinderfranz's chauffeurs
- Mme de Winter's Black Legion
- Raubenstadter Frei-Hussars
- Stagonians (but which ones?)
- Ludwig's Stagonian Dragoons
- Rotefort, agent of Stagonian Queen Mother (a de Sade with her own agenda)
- Duke's loyalist Dragoons (i.e., her husband's forces)
- Duchess' Noble supporters (from Saschen-Vindow)
- Local militia looking for smugglers, etc.
- Rowdy Nobles looking for fun
- The Inquisition
- Count l'Beauphaup & Unter Gruntshuffen malcontents
- Witch hunters OR vampire hunters
- Friendly hunters who will help Duchess (as a lady in distress)
So now it is more-or-less up to those who will be attending the SYWA Convention to decide just what rules to use, how many factions (and which ones) to include, etc.
Others are of course welcome to suggest "agendas" for the different factions decided upon (although controlling Imagi-Nations will have the last word on this).
Gentlemen, we await your various comments.
-- Jeff (as "EvE" Inhaber)