Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Old School Corresponding...

I have been much preoccupied of late by a sense of missing Old School correspondence. Do not get me wrong- I have really enjoyed the world of E vE and the spin-off associations/ideas and fun- not to mention the fantastic photos! I do,however, miss the pleasure of stamps from this and other countries, paper, and envelopes and all associated with this dying art. Of reading other’s hand and writing mine. Those who sent me a figure (many. many thanks to one and all) also started me thinking about this too. Some of you include letters- some modern some charmingly 18th century. Enough of this waffle – anyone interested in quill (sorry pen) corresponding…

4 comments:

Capt Bill said...

Pen pals used to be common, but I fear it has become a lost art. Our little community would be a great venue to restore this tradition. Best regards...Bill

Prinz Geoffrey said...

Funny we just ordered new stationary, but we mainly use it for invitations to fabulous dinners.

Ken said...

I would be interested.

littlejohn said...

Capital idea sir, and to get the ball rolling (or the ink flowing...) send me an e-mail at dav9561@yahoo.com and we can exchange snail-mail addresses!

best--Dave