Please allow me to remind all of you who are planning on attending the SYWA Convention next month that there is a scenario that needs to be gamed out.
Now perhaps you've been planning this out behind the scenes . . . in which case this message is unnecessary . . . but just in case you've let it slip from your attention . . .
The Duchess of Saschen-Vindow is on the upper floor of the Inn of the Crooked Kobold near the border of the Kingdom of Stagonia. She is trying to reach Koenig Ludwig, with whom she is hopelessly infatuated.
She has heard the sounds of horses beyond the walls, shouts in the courtyard and the sound of heavy boots upon the stairs. She has pistols in her hands.
Herzog Ignatz proposed a scenario with four factions (beside the Duchess herself, of course):
- Schinderfranz's chauffeurs
- Mme de Winter's Black Legion
- Raubenstadter Frei-Hussars
- Stagonians (but which ones?)
- Ludwig's Stagonian Dragoons
- Rotefort, agent of Stagonian Queen Mother (a de Sade with her own agenda)
- Duke's loyalist Dragoons (i.e., her husband's forces)
- Duchess' Noble supporters (from Saschen-Vindow)
- Local militia looking for smugglers, etc.
- Rowdy Nobles looking for fun
- The Inquisition
- Count l'Beauphaup & Unter Gruntshuffen malcontents
- Witch hunters OR vampire hunters
- Friendly hunters who will help Duchess (as a lady in distress)
I know that the Stagonian player (my evil twin) will not be able to attend . . . but will fully authorize anyone playing Stagonian troops to behave in any dispicable manner that seems cruel and unjustified . . . or, in other words, vile.
I do not believe that the Saschen-Vindow player (whose idea this is) will be able to attend either since he currently lives in Scotland. So it is up to you fellows to see this through.