Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Another princeling declares his allegiance

As the Prince-Bishop regarded Feldzeugmeister von Dithmarschen, wondering what to do next, he became aware of the presence of another officer. Clothed in white with a striking red waistcoat, the general had approached but was waiting politely out of earshot.

“Yes, Graf von Fürstentahl? May I help you?” the Prince-Bishop asked of the newcomer.

“Your Eminence, I am aware of your distress. Since the need for troops loyal to yourself appears to be acute, I would like to make an offer: I pledge to raise a regiment for your Eminence’s service, to be ready for action in six weeks. I make no stipulation as to how you use the unit, but offer it as my pledge to you, the Kreis, and the Imperium.”

“That is very gracious of you, Graf. Your generous offer is most graciously accepted.”



2 comments:

Bluebear Jeff said...

There's a photo of the "bare lead", all 66 Minden figures of it, on the Hesse-Fedora website:

http://hessefedora.blogspot.com/


-- Jeff

A J said...

Lovely uniforms. I'm looking forward to seeing a regiment painted in those colors.