Monday, May 7, 2012

Post Rider - Jeff update

I have had the opportunity to visit with Jeff this afternoon.

He is not able to speak and as such is using note pages to write his thoughts and requests, some hand movements and other visual cues to communicate also.


He is really struggling to recover from the surgery and other procedures. He needs to get his lower digestive tract moving so he can get back on solid foods to regain his strength and heal. They are giving him nutrients via IV, but it is not enough for him to truly heal. 

Jeff asked about the EvE community and I gave a report about the recent naval and land operations.

He is also keen to accept any and all healing energy to give him the boost to press on in his own recovery.  Those who would send him good thoughts please take a few moments to do so.

 This was from the note page Jeff wrote.

I will likely be back in to see Jeff in a week and can carry your messages in to him.

 


9 comments:

tradgardmastare said...

Thank you for your update. Prayers & continued best wishes from all of us here in Tradgardland...

Jiminho said...

Thanks for the news, Murdock. Please express my best wishes to Jeff. Hurrah Jeff! It is tough going now but forge on!

I'm painting a Kurassier regiment at the moment - I'm going to name an ancestral BlueBear Jeff as its inhaber. I'll post a photo on the Syldavia blog asap.

Best,

Jim

Dr Vesuvius said...

Thanks for acting as our intermediary, Murdock. I only recently had the pleasure of making Jeff's acquaintance online, but I get the definite impression that he is Good People. His comments and contributions to the online community are sorely missed.

Please convey my best wishes to both Jeff and Mrs Bluebear and tell them I said to remember that they are Not Alone, not so long as they're in our thoughts and prayers.

Dr Vesuvius
Manchester, England.

A J said...

Thanks for the update. All positive energies and thoughts are his. Tell him to drink plenty of water - it flushes any lingering anesthetic from the body and helps with chemo too.

NOMADIC OLD SCHOOL GAMER. said...

Pass on to Jeff my wishes for his speedy recovery. I am praying for him and his family during this time of trial.

NOMADIC OLD SCHOOL GAMER. said...

Pass on to Jeff my wishes for his speedy recovery. I am praying for him and his family during this time of trial.

Martin said...

Hi Jeff (You Ol' Bluebear you!)

I'm sending you positive energy, thoughts, and prayers. Concentrate on your recovery; pace yourself, and before you know it, you'll be up and about.

All The Best From Raubenstadt,

The Markgraaf

Martin said...

Hi Jeff (You Ol' Bluebear you!)

I'm sending you positive energy, thoughts, and prayers. Concentrate on your recovery; pace yourself, and before you know it, you'll be up and about.

All The Best From Raubenstadt,

The Markgraaf

Capt Bill said...

All of Beerstein is sending their best wished for a speedy recovery...